Effective: September 8, 2022
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. When creating an account, we may collect a variety of information including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, preferences, date of birth, usernames, and payment information.
How we use your personal information
- We may use personal information to provide support and respond to inquiries.
- To enable you to communicate with other users of the Services.
- We may use personal information to keep you posted on TFO’s latest product announcements, service announcements, promotions, or upcoming events.
- If you enter into a contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- Internal purposes including auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our product offering, service offering, and customer communications.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose with your consent.
When using the Services, you as the user are responsible for the information that you disclose. Please exercise discretion and caution when disclosing any information that may help another user locate or identify you. You understand that by using the Services, any information that you post or provide is given freely and voluntarily. Although we have reasonable security measures in place, we cannot and do not assure the confidentiality of any information that you disclose in connection with the Services.
Collection and use of non-personal information
We also collect non-personal information, which is data in a form that does not, on its own, allow direct association with any specific individual. Non-personal information may be collected, used, transferred, and disclosed for any purpose.
When using the Services, we may collect non-personal information such as IP addresses, browser type, operating system, search history, referral source, exit pages, browsing activity, dates and times of visit, other site usage data, geographical location, screen resolution, etc. This data may be compiled and analyzed on both an individual and aggregated basis.
How we use non-personal information
- We may use non-personal information to better understand customer behavior, provide more useful information to our customers, understand which parts of the Services are most interesting, and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may use non-personal information to send targeted email marketing messages or display targeted advertising.
- We may also use non-personal information to diagnose technical issues with our software and server, administer services, gather demographics, and improve the Service.
Cookies and other technology
We may also use pixel tags, web beacons, clear gif technology, action tags or other similar tracking technology. These features allow us to monitor the use of the Service. Examples of information that may be collected include the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page, the browser type, information regarding any cookies previously placed on the computer by that server. In addition, we may collect and aggregate the time spent on the Service, viewer actions such as scrolling or clicking, and user action on the Service including page views. We may also use variants of this technology provided by a third party to collect information about your visit in conjunction with our cookies to provide offers and information that may be of interest to you.
Cookies are permanent files that remain on your computers non-volatile storage until you delete them manually through your browser or operating system.
We may use other companies under agreements with us to provide advertisements when you use the Service. These companies may collect and use non-personal information such as click stream information, browser type, time and date, etc. in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie, web beacon, or pixel tags to collect this information which is subject to their own privacy policies.
Information sharing and disclosure
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TFO’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which your personal information is among the assets transferred.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Control of personal information
You may delete your account at any time through the Service. Please note that even after removing information from your profile or deleting your account, copies of the deleted information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent that it has been shared with others or it was otherwise distributed pursuant to these terms. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with requested services. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Your california privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You have the right to submit a request to us at the designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, and if the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To request a copy of this information in a standardized format (note – the information will not be individually tailored to you), please send your request to us at email@example.com
TFO does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without verifiable parental permission. If we are made aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with COPPA, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
Confidentiality and security of personal information
TFO is committed to protecting your privacy and we treat your privacy very seriously. We limit access to personal information about our customers to our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis. Personal information is only provided to personnel who need to know the information to provide services requested. We follow generally accepted standards and best practices to protect the security of personal information submitted to us from unauthorized access including encryption, secure passwords, physical security, etc. These protections, however, are not a replacement for the security measures in your control. No method of electronic data transmission or electronic data storage is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer or mobile device.